Whether or not parent information is required on the depends on whether your student is considered dependent or independent for Financial Aid purposes, which may be different than for tax-filing purposes.
You and your student can utilize the to determine if parent information is required on the student’s FAFSA. If you still have questions, more information can be found on the or through our office.
Parent Access to Student's Financial Aid Information
Release of Financial Aid Information- To release student information to another person (including parents), the student must authorize release by completing a release form.
- 2019-2020 Release of Financial Aid Information (for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020)
- 2020-2021 Release of Financial Aid Information (for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021)
A release form must be completed for each year information is requested.
Parent information to complete the FAFSA
We encourage the use of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Data Retrieval Tool when
一道本不卡免费高清completing the . If you do not use the Data Retrieval, you may be asked to provide copies
of your federal tax transcript (not Tax Return). If you cannot use the Data Retrieval tool, use the
information on the tax return for the requested year.
Financial Aid Disbursement
Once a student is awarded financial aid, they must access Bengal Web to actively select disbursement options.
All federal aid eligibility criteria must be met for financial aid to be credited to a student account.
All financial aid awards, except Work-Study, are applied to your student’s university account. The earliest aid can be credited toward student fees is 10 days prior to your first day of class (5 days prior to summer classes).
Any residual funds will be disbursed either by direct deposit to a bank of your choice or by check mailed to your mailing address as reported on BengalWeb. These funds are disbursed by the Student Financial Services Office at 282-3000. For additional instructions, see fee payment information from Financial Services and User's Guide to the User's Guide to Bengal Web for fee payment information.
If the FAFSA, all required documents, and appeals have been received in the Financial Aid Office by late July, financial aid will be processed before the Fall semester fee payment deadline.
Questions about fee charges should be directed to Student Financial Services at (208) 282-2900 or stop in at the Student Financial Services Office in Administration Building #10- Third Floor.
Parent PLUS Loans
Parents of dependent undergraduate students enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) may receive a Parent PLUS Loan for undergraduate students.
一道本不卡免费高清Eligibility is not based on financial need, but approval is dependent on the parent's credit history.
The loans are made regardless of income level and are offered through the Direct Loan program.
PLUS Loans through the Direct Loan program have a fixed set by the U.S. Government.
PLUS Loan Plain Language Disclosure Information一道本不卡免费高清 is available for you to review.
2019-2020 Parent PLUS Loan Application
2020-2021 Parent PLUS Loan Application - Available June1, 2020
- Parents must complete a Parent PLUS Loan Application and return it to the ISU Financial Aid Office.
- Be sure to review the section on the application that releases PLUS funds.
After a federal credit check, you will be notified of the outcome by the federal processor.
一道本不卡免费高清 If the Federal Direct PLUS is approved, a must be signed by the parent.
- In order to complete the electronic MPN, an FSA ID is required.
- This FSA ID is the same one used to sign the online FAFSA. You can retrieve or . It may take 3 business days before the FSA ID is activated.
- Using the FSA ID you created, go to the Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will chose "Complete New MPN for Parent PLUS Loans" at bottom of page. Once the note has been completed, our office will receive the information in a few days and continue processing the loan.
Proof of completion will be received by the ISU Financial Aid Office in mid-July.
- If you have completed Entrance Counseling and your Promissory Note but the requirement is marked incomplete on Bengal Web, this will change in mid-July when proof of completion is received by our office.
Option if Parent Denied PLUS
If the parent is denied, it is possible for the student to apply for additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan instead. The following Direct Unsubsidized Loan limits may be added to the students borrower's combined Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan limits
- 2019-2020 Dependent Student Request for Unsubsidized Loan
- 2020-2021 Dependent Student Request for Unsubsidized Loan - Available June 1, 2020
Additional Resources and Information
Museum Building. #12, Room 337
921 S. 8th, Stop 8077
Pocatello, ID 83209-8077